APPLY NOW: The Korea Herald Internship (Junior Reporter Track)
The Korea Herald, the nation’s No. 1 English-language newspaper, is looking for intern reporters who are armed with new ideas and eager to bring about change.
Our five-month paid internship program will offer an excellent foundation for a journalism career.
Applicants must have an excellent command of English and Korean, both on the native level. Journalism majors and others with experience in the English-language news media are preferred.
High-performing interns will be given the opportunity to undergo testing at the end of their five-month internship, and may be hired as junior reporters.
▣ Application Process:
No. of available spots
2) Written test
• Writing English news article
• Producing video content
• Applicants should be able to work full-time during the internship: College graduates and those who are expected to graduate in February 2018 are welcome to apply
• Male applicants must have fulfilled their military duties or be exempt.
• Applicants must be free to travel, with no restrictions.
• Applicants with video production and editing experience are preferred.
▣ Application timeline:
① Applications open Sept. 6 and close Sept. 16 at 6 p.m.
② The first shortlist (those who have passed the document-screening stage) will be announced Sept. 17 by email and on Herald’s website.
③ Written test: Sept. 19 (The date, time and location will be announced Sept. 17 by email and on the Herald’s website.)
④ The second shortlist (those who have passed the written test and will be invited to attend an interview) will be announced Sept. 21 by email and on the Herald’s website.
⑤ Interview: Sept. 27 (The date, time and location will be determined later.)
⑥ We will announce our final decision Sept. 28 by email.
▣ How to apply:
① Submit your application form online at our Herald Careers home page (http://career.heraldcorp.com).
② Important points to consider when applying:
- Once you have submitted your application, you cannot go back and make changes. Please keep this in mind before submitting.
- Your resume should be written in Korean. Your cover letter should be written in both Korean and English.
▣ Duration of internship: Five months
From Oct. 1, 2018 to Feb. 28, 2019
▣ Any questions or concerns should be directed to our Human Resources Department: T. 02-727-0505