|Goguma Juk (Institute of Traditional Korean Food)|
Goguma Juk is a long-cooked sweet-potato porridge made with sticky rice powder. It has a sweet and nutty flavor.Ingredients
● 2 sweet potatoes (yams)
● 3 cups milk
● 4 tbsp sticky rice powder
● 100 g water
● 2 tbsp honey
● 1/2 tsp salt
1. Clean sweet potatoes and rinse well with water.
2. Set up a steamer over high heat. Once it starts to steam (which takes approximately 9 minutes), put sweet potatoes in the steamer and steam them for about 15 minutes. Peel the skins.
3. Blend it with half the amount of portioned milk for about 2 minutes.
4. Add water to sticky rice powder. Simmer it over low heat for about 5 minutes. Whisk continuously until it thickens to porridge consistency.
5. Combine blended sweet potatoes and the remaining half of the milk with the sticky rice porridge. Simmer over medium heat for about 3 minutes, whisking.
6. When the ingredients are well mixed, season with honey. Simmer another minute over low heat and serve immediately in a bowl.Tips
● Whisk continuously with a wooden spoon while the porridge is simmering, or it may stick into the bottom of the pan.
● The ratio of sweet potato and sticky rice powder can be adjusted to suit one’s preference.
(Adapted from the Institute of Traditional Korean Food)