Hacker posts more S. Korean reactor info on Internet

Match-fixing life bans for 41 Koreans: FIFA

kh close

 

Published : 2013-01-09 22:01
Updated : 2013-01-10 09:10

 






The global football governing body said Wednesday it has extended domestic match-fixing sanctions on 41 South Korean players to worldwide lifetime bans.

"FIFA can today confirm the extension of sanctions on 41 players from (South Korea) related to a domestic match-fixing investigation dating back to the summer of 2011," the Zurich-based FIFA said in a press release. 

"All 41 players have been sanctioned with a lifetime ban from all football activity by the K League and the Korea Football Association's disciplinary committees. The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has extended the sanctions to have worldwide effect."

In 2011, dozens of former and active players were indicted and found guilty of accepting cash to fix matches. It was the first match-fixing scandal in the K

League, the country's top division football competition, founded in 1983.
In June last year, FIFA had also extended domestic sanctions on 10 other players involved in match-fixing to have worldwide effect.

FIFA said Wednesday it would give 21 players who admitted their involvement in match-fixing a chance to return to football, following a probation period of between two and five years.

According to FIFA, this includes doing community service for 200 to 500 hours, and the community service may involve providing coaching classes for local youth clubs or engaging in domestic anti-match-fixing activities.

"The probation is voluntary, which means that the respective player has to inform the K League that he wishes to return to football," FIFA said. "The reinstatement of the respective player in football after the probation period will only be decided by the Korea Football Association (KFA)." (Yonhap News)




<한글 기사>

FIFA, 한국 축구선수 41명 영구 제명 처분

국제축구연맹(FIFA)이 대한축구협회와 한국프로축구연맹이 승부조작 사건에 연루된 41명에게 내린 영구 제명 조치를 전 세계로 확대한다고 결정했다.

FIFA는 9일(한국시간) 홈페이지를 통해 "징계위원회에서 2011년 여름 한국에서 벌어진 승부조작 사건으로 영구 제명 처분을 받은 41명의 선수의 징계를 전 세계로 확대한다"고 발표했다.

축구협회와 프로연맹은 지난해 7월 승부조작에 연루된 41명의 징계 내용을 FIFA에 보고했고, FIFA 징계위원회는 이를 바탕으로 이들에 대한 징계를 확정해 이날 발표했다.

FIFA는 "41명의 선수 중에서 스스로 유죄를 인정한 21명은 2~5년의 보호관찰과 200~500시간의 사회봉사를 수행하면 축구계에 복귀할 수 있다"며 "징계 완화의 결정권은 축구협회에 있다"고 설명했다.

이에 대해 축구협회 관계자는 "지난해 7월 FIFA의 요청으로 41명의 징계 자료를 제출했다"며 "FIFA가 6개월 동안의 논의를 통해 이들 선수의 징계를 이제야 내렸다"라고 말했다.

그는 "FIFA는 앞서 지난해 3월 최성국을 포함한 10명에게 축구협회와 프로연맹이 내린 영구 제명 처분이 전 세계적으로 유효하다는 결정을 내린 바 있다"며 "이번 조치는 앞서 징계를 받은 10명을 뺀 나머지 41명에 대한 조치"라고 덧붙였다. 

Photo News

티아라 효민 멋진 뒤태에 남심 흔들

섹시백 선발대회 몸매 뽐내는 참가자들

카자흐 女배구선수 초특급 미모, 전세계 ‘깜짝’