Kim Hyun-joong to hold concert despite assault controversy

N. Korea denounces U.S. for approval of S. Korean space rocket

kh close

 

Published : 2013-02-02 13:28
Updated : 2013-02-02 17:24

(Yonhap) -- North Korea again rejected the United Nations Security Council's recent resolution condemning its rocket launch Saturday, accusing the United States of having a double-standard for its own space program and South Korea's recent rocket launch.

   The accusation came three days after South Korea successfully launched its first space rocket, the Korea Space Launch Vehicle-1, putting a 100-kilogram science satellite into orbit.

   An unidentified spokesperson for the North's foreign ministry claimed the United States' approval and praise of the South Korean space rocket, also known as Naro, was attracting international criticism.

   North Korea invited fresh U.N. Security Council sanctions by launching a satellite-carrying long-range rocket late last year.

The communist state claimed the satellite launch was part of its peaceful space program, but the Security Council maintained it was still in violation of previous U.N. sanctions against the North that condemned any test or use of ballistic missile technology.

   The U.S., along with the rest of the international community, however, welcomed Seoul's successful launch of its space rocket.

   The spokesperson for the North's foreign ministry said the United States' different stances toward the rocket launches by South and North Korea were a fallacy.

   "The U.S.'s unconditional criticism of our satellite launch and its unconditional approval of a satellite launch by the South is at the height of double-standard and shamelessness," the spokesperson was quoted as saying.

   "The U.S.'s way of thought and standards may work with other countries but they will never work with our country. Our forces and people have already entered an all-out war to preserve our nation's dignity and sovereignty," the spokesperson said.

   "The United States' shameless double standard and vicious hostility will face our strong countermeasures."


<관련 한글기사> 북, 미국 나로호 발사 두둔 비난

북한 외무성 대변인은 2일 미국이 한국의 나로호 발사를 두둔하고 자신들의 위성 발사를 부정하는 것은 이중기준의 적용이라며 '초강경 대응'을 재차 위협했다.

대변인은 이날 조선중앙통신 기자와 문답에서 "우리의 광명성3호 2호기 발사를 부당하게 문제시하는 유엔 안전보장이사회 결의 채택을 주도한 미국이 남조선의 나로호 발사는 비호두둔하는 추태를 부렸다"며 "우리의 위성발사 권리를 부정하면서 남조선 괴뢰들의 위성발사는 무작정 감싸주는 것이야말로 이중기준과 철면피의 극치"라고 주장했다.

이어 "우리 군대와 인민은 민족의 존엄과 나라의 자주권을 수호하기 위한 전면 대결전에 진입했다"며 "미국의 파렴치한 이중기준과 적대행위는 우리의 초강경 대응을 면치 못할 것"이라고 강조했다.

빅토리아 뉼런드 국무부 대변인은 지난달 30일 정례 브리핑에서 "한국의 우주 활동을 북한의 행동과 비교할 근거가 없다는 게 우리 견해"라면서 "북한은 유엔 안보리 결의에 따라 어떤 발사 행위도 완전히 금지돼 있지만, 한국은 책임 있게 우주발사 프로그램을 진행해 왔다"고 말했다.

유엔의 대북제재 결의에 반발하는 북한은 핵실험이 이뤄질 곳으로 지목되는 함경북도 길주군 풍계리의 한 갱도 입구에 가림막을 설치한 것으로 포착되고 있으며 핵실험을 감행할 유력한 곳으로 지목되는 풍계리 서쪽 갱도 외에 남쪽 갱도에서도 활발한 움직임이 포착되는 것으로 알려졌다.

또 외무성 대변인은 "미국은 지난해에는 저들이 꾸며낸 미사일전파방지제도로 제 손으로 허물고 남조선 괴뢰들의 미사일 사거리를 대폭 연장해줌으로써 지역정세를 긴장시켰다"며 "저들이 적대시하는 나라는 아무것도 할 수 없다는 미국의 날강도적 논리가 묵인되는 것이 현 세계의 실상"이라고 밝혔다.

지난 10월 한미 양국은 기존에 300㎞로 묶여 있던 우리 군의 탄도미사일 사거리를 800㎞로 늘리고, 550㎞ 미사일에 대해서는 탄두 중량을 1천㎏으로, 300㎞ 미사일은 탄두 중량을 최대 2천㎏까지 개발할 수 있도록 하는 내용으로 새 미사일 지침을 개정했다. (연합뉴스)

Photo News

카자흐 女배구선수 초특급 미모, 전세계 ‘깜짝’

클라라 언더웨어, 구릿빛 바디라인

이대생 미스코리아 진 완벽 몸매 화제